Monday, March 13, 2006

Those were the days my friend

I recently watched Castrovalva for the first time, since I got captivated by the Fifth Doctor at the end of his first season or the 19th season, to be precise and didn't get to see the episodes before that...and was not suprised to find it a well-written and thoroughly entertaining ep. As it is, Five was and still is my favorite Doctor, so I always expected his beginning ep to be a classical perfection.

Everything was done superb; Davison's performance, was top-notch as always and Janet Fielding (Tegan), Sarah Sutton (Nyssa)and even Matthew Waterhouse (Adric) were at their best.

This story deserves a long-awaited DVD edition, hopefully with a full cast commentary, as was done with The Visitation and Earthshock.

More thorough review of this episode and others' mentioned coming soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home